Our Alzheimer’s day care services are provided by the “Community Assistance Program for Seniors,” including stimulation and socialization for persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias.Find Out More
Providing expert mental health services via telehealth across the state of California addressing loneliness and isolation as risk factors for mental health concerns. Medicare is necessary at this time except in Los Angeles county.Find Out More
Mass Shootings Support
Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH): Overview
- The DDH (call or text 1-800-985-5990; press “2” for Spanish) provides crisis counseling and support for anyone in the U.S. experiencing distress or other behavioral health concerns related to any natural or human-caused disaster. Calls, texts, and Videophone calls for Deaf or Hard of Hearing American Sign Language users are answered by a network of independently-operated crisis centers around the country, who provide psychological first aid, emotional support, crisis assessment and intervention, and referrals to local/state behavioral health services for follow-up care & support. The DDH is a program of the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) administered by the not-for-profit Vibrant Emotional Health.
Local Crisis Support Resources
- The Disaster Distress Helpline is a sub-network of the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, which is also administered by Vibrant for SAMHSA. Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services (dial or text 988; Didi Hirsch also offers direct, local support in Korean 4:30pm-12:30am PT every day at 1-877-727-4747; learn more @ https://didihirsch.org/services/suicide-prevention/crisis-services/) is the Lifeline-networked crisis center that serves Monterey Park, CA.
- Didi Hirsch is also a DDH-networked call center, receiving DDH calls from anywhere in the U.S., including in Spanish. If contacts from Didi Hirsch may be needed for additional coordination of disaster mental health services in response to this event, email email@example.com and we will follow up.
- SAMHSA DDH Incidents of Mass Violence distress risk factors and warning signs + resources for coping
- After an incident of mass violence, it’s common to feel anxious, overwhelmed, isolated, or depressed. You’re not alone: The national@Distressline 1-800-985-5990 offers 24/7 confidential, multilingual, crisis & emotional support
Report hate, discrimination or bullying and receive referrals to support services by dialing 2-1-1 or live chat.
The behavioral health services provided by Heritage Clinic include psychotherapy, counseling, psychological assessment, case management and psychiatric medications.Find Out More
When Can I Get a COVID Vaccine? – MyTurn.ca.gov
National Center for PTSD – Resources for managing stress
Mental health apps, including COVID Coach
Older Veteran Behavioral Health Resource Inventory
“[Clinician] has been my clinician for a number of years and has been an enormous help to me with my particular issues. I could not speak more highly of her sensitivity, her penetrating insight and her professionalism. She helped me focus where my focus needed to be and has guided me toward discharging my guilt and understanding why I behave as I do. My life is quite better now than when I first came to Heritage.”
“This is a special place with knowledgeable, friendly people who really care. I’ve been coming here for years and I’m not sure how I would have managed as well as I have without Heritage.”
“It has been an honor and a blessing to be a partner of Heritage Clinic. Shawn Herz and her team have been a great resource for our parishioners, staff as well as our friends and clients at our Community Services and Giving Bank- our food pantry. We are very grateful to this very important Clinic that serves so many!!”
“Linking our patients to Heritage Clinic has given us a great ally at instilling hope in the dialysis community.”
“Heritage Clinic has been a great resource to refer for our participants who need mental health services in our surrounding communities. Shawn is very warm and supportive with our senior population.”
“We partner with Heritage Clinics because none of us can provide complete care for our clients without looking at the needs of the whole individual, and Heritage closes a much needed gap in services with professionalism and great care.”
“Heritage Clinic has been able to reach our residents on many levels. We are grateful for the insight and sensitivity that have been part of their service delivery from the beginning. Our residents have benefitted so much. Thank you, Heritage Clinic!”
“Heritage Clinic offers inestimable comprehensive, accessible mental health and supportive services to older adults. The in-home counseling aspect is an excellent alternative in delivery of service. The individual is relaxed and receives counseling in familiar surroundings. In-home counseling addresses the specific needs of the individual.”
“Heritage Clinic has provided educational presentations and in home counseling and support to my residents at Plymouth West Apartments. My residents who are older adults have benefited from Heritage Clinic’s services. Thank you for the mental health services you provide in the community.”
“They are excellent, well qualified, caring people who provide mental health services for people who cannot afford it otherwise. People who struggle to find resources and help when money is tight will find a wealth of support from Heritage Clinic.”